Monday 24 August 2015

A Rule Of Tum

Laura and I visited a friend of mine in Hereford who pointed us in the direction of A Rule Of Tum Burger Shop
Upon entry to the stylishly decorated restaurant we were greeted by very attentive waiting staff who took us to a table on the decking outside and handed us menus. I had my drink order taken and was soon sipping on a refreshing bottled IPA. 
The menu has a choice of 6 burgers and 5 sides and there was a good selection on the specials board including a salmon burger which sounded lovely. 
Laura ordered the Hereford Hop Burger and I went for Farmer Toms Beef Burger cooked rare. (Laura's review of her burger can be seen here). We also ordered a side of rosemary chips between us. The food was served after about 15 minutes. The burger was served on a black tray in a burger wrap with the restaurant stamp. The chips were served in a white polystyrene pot with sprinklings of finely cut rosemary and sea salt .

The chips were very crispy on the outside and still soft in the centre and they were well seasoned with the salt and rosemary. I was slightly disappointed that I had to pay £2.50 for the one portion of chips and felt that chips should have been included with the burger.
Farmer Tom's Burger was a Hereford beef burger served with mature cheddar, dill, pickles, mustard mayo, ketchup and baby gem lettuce served in a brioche bun. There is no doubt that Samuel L Jackson would state that "This is a tasty burger" and I would agree with him. The burger was cooked rare exactly how I ordered it. The mustard mayo was not only rich and creamy but also added a little heat, the pickles added that acidity and the brioche bun was slightly sweet. It was delicious but is still just beaten by The Original Patty Men. It was extremely difficult to eat without losing half of the filling.


I really did enjoy this burger and also thought the restaurant was stylish, well staffed and served great food. The only disappointment for me was the price. I feel that £9.50 is expensive for a burger and a portion of fries, I would have liked the £7 for the burger to have included a side and as this was one of the cheapest burgers I would have been disappointed if I'd have spent more.

Overall I would recommend this restaurant to all that visit Hereford as I felt the quality of the food and service was excellent.

 
Facebook / Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment